Series: People Behind the Product
CanaFarma Hemp Products Corp., the nutraceuticals company specializing in hemp-based products has grown rapidly over the last few months. What’s the secret to their success? Their powerful marketing strategies. According to their analysis, CanaFarma operates through a Direct-to-Consumer (D2C) and vertical integration strategy, enabling customers to receive the best-sourced products straight from the company’s hands, cutting out the middle man and raising the bar of service and quality.
Thanks to a highly experienced team, CanaFarma continues to grow and produce, becoming an interest to investors around the world.
David Lonsdale, History and Experience
“CanaFarma’s management and board members have a wealth of experience”
The leader of the New Jersey-based company is CEO, David Lonsdale. With over 35 years of experience, David demonstrates his skill as a financial and entrepreneurial authority in both domestic and international middle-market environments.
After graduating high school, David attended the University of Leeds and graduated with a Bachelor of Science Honors in Mathematics and Physics. Afterward, he proceeded on to Cornell University receiving a Masters of Business Administration.
In 2004 David became president of Allegiance Capital, a well-respected private investment bank selling closely-held and privately owned businesses. 10 years later, in 2014, David successfully sold his ownership, leaving the company with an impressive tenfold multiplication of its advisory services, making it a significant bank in the industry.
Today, as well as being CEO of CanaFarma, David runs The Lonsdale Group, a private advisory, and investment firm. Additionally, he currently serves on the boards of several companies, both private and public. According to his LinkedIn, these companies include:
- GreenBank Capital Inc. (CSE:GBC) is the majority owner of GreenCoinX (XGC) which is the world’s first identifiable crypto currency leveraging BlockChain technology.
- Crudefunders is the best-recognized crowdfunding company in the Oil & Gas industry, offering their platform to both accredited and non-accredited investors throughout the entire US.
- Veterans Financial Group (VFG) offers a range of insurance products including whole life, term life, universal life, indexed universal life, annuities, final expense, health, and Medicare. VFG is designed to ensure customers get exactly the insurance they need.
- Zara Resources Inc. (CSE:ZRI) in April 2017 signed a definitive agreement to acquire a European electric automobile manufacturer with the expectation that the transaction will close in the Summer.
- Trilithic Inc. is the #2 broadband instrumentation supplier to the communications industry best known for its innovations in signal level measurement, leakage detection, and reverse path maintenance. Customers include Time Warner, Verizon, AT&T, and Charter Spectrum.
As an entrepreneur, he successfully built and sold three venture-funded technology companies to Microsoft, Sun Microsystems, and Click Commerce. David’s companies focused on innovation and “disruptive” technologies. One of David’s companies developed the first integration of analog and digital data on a pen-tablet computer, the PD Reader, and another facilitating the first Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) transaction. Over time, David has written over 30 articles for Inc. Magazine. The audience for his articles include owners of middle-market businesses and their executives. According to The Lonsdale Group, these articles focus on leadership, management, and growing & selling your business.
He has been married for 39 years to his wife Kittie and has two children.